Monday, December 03, 2007

Early December

Alas, I can finally breathe!

I quitted my job on the last day of the previous month to buy myself time to rest before uni starts early next year and to clean up the mess that I left strewn around after exam had ended two months ago. Thought that I can celebrate the start of Christmas month with a good, deep sleep – but seems like things prefer to take the other turn.

Friday the 30th ended with the movie Across the Universe and Roti Boy, which at the end of the day, I was intoxicated with Hey Jude and Let It Be replaying in my head until now. Upon reaching home that night, I wish I could skip dinner and head straight to bed so that Paul McCartney and John Lennon could continue lullaby me to sleep.


Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah – nah, nah, nah, nah – Hey Ju..ZzzZZzz

Dec 1st, Saturday

It’s ironic that the weekend started with the annoying buzz of my alarm clock despite the fact that I don’t need to work on Saturdays anymore. Oh well, the culprit that set the alarm clock turns out to be me actually as today is not a resting day yet. But MOVE!!! GO!!! my will silently yells to yank me off my still much-needed slumber. Hence, early morning, my computer keyboard has already rattled more violently than a rattlesnake to get my mails of appreciation sent to my ex-colleagues and -employers.

By noon, after a quick lunch, it’s time to get myself properly dressed - it's the World AIDS Day Carnival in Sungai Wang Plaza organised by PT Foundation and UN with Jun (Jahui’s brother)! As volunteers, both of us are assigned as photographers – though only one camera is available. The carnival is great! Awesome performances by the LGBT community and students from universities and schools. Dedicated volunteers are to be seen everywhere doing their part to send a shockwave of stronger awareness to the public in and around the mall. But the ugly side: certain members of the public actually throw derogatory and discriminating remarks at the crowd and performers and, the vivid and arrogant ignorance carved on the faces of most people that march away from us with disgust without giving the whole social-plaguing issue a thought at all.

1 person got infected with HIV every 7 seconds
1 person died of AIDS every 11 seconds
31,200,000 are infected worldwide
2,100,000 have died worldwide in 2007 due to AIDS – 330,000 of them are innocent children

"May the awareness resonates louder and further everyday"

By evening, together with Jun’s parents, we head over to ISKL in Ampang to watch Jahui’s directorial debut play in Underground: A Montage of 6 Plays. This time, sadly, I have to skip Kechara Soup Kitchen as I have long promised and eager to watch plays or drama from ISKL students especially when he’s involved - after all he’s still one of my closest friends. The whole Montage and its content is wonderful, brilliant, perfecto! – wished that it can reach to bigger audience next time if it has the chance to be re-performed again. Thank you so much Jahui! – love ya!


December 2nd, Sunday

Another morning of the weekend where the same alarm clock initiates my day. Need to get to SGM Kaikan in Cheras early as I have a pre-show performance today. And with Kai Wei needs to prepare for his last STPM paper tomorrow, the bus seems to be the final and most feasible option - which costs me 5 minutes late due to my unfamiliarity with the bus routes.

The pre-show performance is a flop, kinda disastrous – don’t ask why. The day continues with our practice as our dance assessment is pulling nearer. At the end of the practice, I choose to talk about AIDS for the First Aid Session as yesterday was World AIDS Day and it is a topic I am familiar with. And woah - the translation to Cantonese proves to be very challenging as I am banana myself. Thankfully, Jia Enn is there to help me get the message conveyed to the group – thanks a lot.


December 3rd, Today

I got what I need!!! – an 11 hours sleep, but I still wake up in a drowsy state and planning to hop on back into the same bus that takes me to slumberland. But I resist! I fight! I protest the sleepiness in me! Instead, I still feel lazy – but NO! – time is of essence. I have so much things to do, including a major project I gave myself earlier and vowed to see it turned into a success.

I will finish it – but whether it will be successful, there will an answer, let it be.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home